- This event has passed.
205: Spill Control & Response – Medina
October 16, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm$150
This class is designed to elevate the awareness and understanding of municipal operations in the prevention of and response to spills. Receive insight into what to look for to prevent spills, how to develop and execute a good spill response program, and what things to consider in responding to a spill. This course sets the foundation of understanding to launch municipal operations and to educate city or county specific procedures and response requirements.
205 Spill Control & Response class will:
- Help staff understand why spill response is important to a municipal program
- Develop baseline knowledge to identify key elements of a municipal spill response plan and program
- Increase awareness of what to look for in terms of good housekeeping and proper material storage to prevent spills
- Gain an understanding of how to identify a spill, implement low risk prevention and clean up measures, and buy time for appropriate cleanup response
- Increase confidence in how to take proper action in case of a spill
- Provide a short spill response demonstration
Pre-registration is required for this workshop.
Questions about this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-767-0432, ext. 1004.