ECOSS’ Fund Development and Event Planning Committee needs new members!
The Fund Development Committee will work closely with the Fund Development staff and Board to help with fundraising and membership efforts. With direct support from the staff, team responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in organizing ECOSS’ two fundraising events
- Identifying and recruiting sponsors
- Soliciting auction items
- Determining theme, caterers and entertainment and other event details
- Outreach, including posting on social media sites and around the community
- Help create signage and other decorations as needed
- Attending and staffing events
- Recruiting friends and colleagues to attend events
- Ensuring that all appropriate acknowledgements to sponsors/donors have been made
- Organizing new donor recruitment events
- Putting together a tool kit for house parties
- Organizing a quarterly social/happy hour
- Maintaining momentum throughout our membership drive
- Making phone calls to lapsed members
- Writing letters to recurring donors
The Fund Development Committee is currently composed of two ECOSS staff members and two ECOSS board members. We are looking for additional enthusiastic, outgoing and professional individuals who are interesting gaining career experience in the nonprofit or event management field and who are willing and excited about representing ECOSS and our mission.
By volunteering with us, we hope to provide you with access to valuable experience, connection to the community, opportunities to make a difference and a gathering place for like-minded individuals. You will be provided with templates and scripts and all the support you need to make your time with us successful!
What we ask for in return is a commitment of approximately 6 hours of your time per month (including monthly meetings) and more during event months (April and October) and the willingness to work together and be part of a team.
Email Elise or call 206.767.0432 for more information and please feel free to pass this opportunity along to your friends!