- This event has passed.
Municipal Stormwater Training e-Learning Classes
May 26, 2020 @ 12:00 am - June 4, 2020 @ 12:00 am$100
ECOSS prepares municipal staff to effectively manage their stormwater programs.
These courses are designed for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) staff and other personnel who directly and indirectly influence a city’s stormwater program success. The base content serves as a platform for each municipality to add their own jurisdiction-specific approach to each subject area.
101 Municipal Stormwater (SW) Program Overview Webinar, Tuesday, May 26: 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm – RESCHEDULING
- Basics of how municipal programs regulate, are regulated and policy drivers
- Federal and WA State Stormwater Permit requirements
- Overview of Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) and its crucial elements
- How O&M staff activities contribute to SWMP programs
- How Low Impact Development (LID) and associated Best Management
- Practices (BMPs) will change municipal operations
201 IDDE Inspections Webinar, Thursday, May 28: 9:00 am – 11:00 am – RESCHEDULING
- Identify the difference between a spill and an illicit discharge, and different types of illicit discharges
- Elevate awareness of private, commercial and industrial activity that may impact the stormwater system within a jurisdiction
- Provide tools to identify, report and investigate the sources of illicit discharges within a municipal system
- Steps to prevent illicit discharge
205 Spill Control and Response Webinar, Thursday, May 28: 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm – RESCHEDULING
- Learn why spill response is important to a municipal program
- Develop baseline knowledge to identify key elements of a municipal spill response plan and program
- Create a higher awareness of what to look for in terms of good housekeeping and proper material storage to prevent spills
- Obtain an understanding of how to identify a spill, implement low risk prevention and clean up measures, and buy time for appropriate cleanup response
- Increase confidence to take proper action in case of a spill
103 Stormwater Regulations Overview Webinar, Thursday, June 4: 9:00 am – 11:00 am – RESCHEDULING
- How the Clean Water Act intent is currently expressed through regulation and policy
- Who is regulated under NPDES permits, i.e. construction, industrial, and municipal
- Current stormwater enforcement action by agencies and citizens
- A better understanding of water quality value in light of permit compliance
- Stormwater trends, new regulations and how they impact Municipal Operations and Maintenance activities in the future
202 Private/Public SW Infrastructure Inspection & Maintenance Webinar, Thursday, June 4: 1:00 – 3:00 pm – RESCHEDULING
- Key elements to private system action and source control
- Permit requirements
- Legacy contaminants and potential sources of contamination that need to be controlled
- Municipal Stormwater Management Programs (SWMP) and its requirements
Inspection components and results
- BMPs maintenance inspections and LID features
- Program incentives and tools
If you would like to register a large number of staff at a reduced price, please contact Ann Boyce at email@example.com or 425-345-6326 to discuss price break options.
If you as an individual would like to register for more than one municipal training, please contact Ann Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-345-6326 to discuss price break options.
Questions about these courses or need help with registration? Contact Ann at email@example.com or 425-345-6326.
Pre-registration required for all webinars.