- This event has passed.
101: Municipal Stormwater Permit Overview
March 22, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$150
Course Description: This course provides an overview of the requirements of the EPA and Department of Ecology for Eastern Washington Phase II Municipal Stormwater Permit, and how those requirements translate into municipal Operations and Maintenance programs. The course will identify the necessary elements in developing a compliant and effective municipal stormwater program. The course will also explore how new program element requirements will affect municipal operations in the future.
- What is stormwater, how does it get polluted, and how clean water regulations came about
- Basic overview of how municipal programs regulate and are regulated, and policy drivers
- Federal and WA State Stormwater Permit requirements
- Overview of the crucial elements of a SWMP (Stormwater Management Plan) How operations and maintenance staff activities participate in and contribute to SWMP programs
- Briefly explore how Low Impact Development (LID) and associated Best Management Practices (BMPs) will change municipal operations
Pre-registration is required for this workshop.
Questions about this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-767-0432, ext. 1013