101: Municipal Stormwater Program Overview – Medina
December 19 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$150
This course provides an overview of EPA and Department of Ecology requirements for Phase I and Phase II municipal stormwater permits, and how these requirements translate into municipal Operations and Maintenance programs. The course identifies the necessary elements for a compliant and effective municipal stormwater program and explores how new program requirements will affect municipal operations in the future.
The 101 – Municipal Stormwater Program Overview class will:
- What stormwater is, how it gets polluted, and Clean Water Act regulatory history
- Basics of how municipal programs regulate, are regulated and policy drivers
- Federal and WA State Stormwater Permit requirements
- Overview of SWMP (Stormwater Management Plan) and its crucial elements
- How Operations and Maintenance staff activities contribute to SWMP programs
- Briefly explore how Low Impact Development (LID) and associated Best Management Practices (BMPs) will change municipal operations
Pre-registration is required for this workshop.
Questions about this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-767-0432, ext. 1004.