This class is designed to elevate the awareness and understanding of municipal operations in the prevention and response to spills. Receive insight into what to look for to prevent spills, how to develop and execute a good spill response program, and what things to consider in responding to a spill.
This course sets the foundation of understanding that municipal operations can launch from to educate city or county specific procedures and response requirements. This course covers the basics of spill response, stopping short of HAZWOPER certification or professional spill response.
- Learn why spill response is important to a municipal program
- Develop baseline knowledge to identify key elements of a municipal spill response plan and program
- Create a higher awareness of what to look for in terms of good housekeeping and proper material storage to prevent spills
- Obtain an understanding of how to identify a spill, implement low risk prevention and clean up measures, and buy time for appropriate cleanup response
- Increase confidence to take proper action in case of a spill
- Short spill response demonstration available upon request
Length: 2.5 hrs hours – all in classroom*
*Can be combined with 201 IDDE Inspections for an additional cost
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-767-0432.