This course is an overview of the Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP) and its requirements. Stormwater management principles discussed include: the building blocks of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP); an overview of the permit and its sections; corrective action levels; reporting and record keeping; Spill Prevention and Emergency Cleanup Plans (SPECP); and what to consider when sampling stormwater. This course will also identify commonly utilized operational, structural and treatment best management practices (BMPs). Municipal operations may operate an ISGP for their maintenance facility and likely have ISGP permittees operating in their jurisdiction.
· Understand the basic building blocks for a successful Stormwater Management Program
· Recent changes to the permit
· The difference between corrective action levels (1-3) and their triggers and timing
· The difference between sampling benchmarks and limits
· The importance of reporting and record keeping
· What goes into a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
· What you are sampling and why
· What to include a Spill Prevention and Response Cleanup Plan (SPECP)
· Operational, structural and treatment based best management practices (BMPs)
· 101 – MS4 NPDES Permit Overview OR 103 Stormwater Regulations Overview
· Basic understanding of what is stormwater and how every day activities can affect it
Materials Required to Conduct the Class:
Hard hats, eye protection, and safety vest for site walks (site walk optional add-on)
This class could be combined with a site walk. The site walk would include a discussion of operational and structural BMPs that could have an impact on stormwater sampling results. Class could also be combined with “206 – Sampling and Monitoring” class with sampling demo.
This course combined with the following ECOSS Municipal Stormwater Trainings provides a well-rounded understanding of the requirements of and managing the ISGP permit:
206 – Sampling and Monitoring
207 – Introduction to the SWPPP
208 – Permitting
Length: 8 hours
Register: Find upcoming classes and register at ecoss.org/events.
Contact email@example.com or 206-767-0432, ext. 1004 for more information.