This class provides an overview of the components necessary to develop and review NPDES compliant Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) for industrial facilities and construction sites, and Stormwater Management Plans (SWMP) for municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4). Every stormwater permit requires the development of a plan that delineates how the permittee will identify pollution, and implement control measures to prevent discharges of pollutants in stormwater runoff. This course helps identify the major elements/components of an effective plan.
Basic elements of an effective plan:
- Identify who and where you are in a landscape
- Identify potential pollutant sources
- Plan to implement control measures and BMPs
- Monitoring and sampling plans
- Drainage maps
- Authorized chain of command for decision making
Increased understanding of what an inspector should find in a plan:
- The major components of a SWMP
- 13 elements of a construction SWPPP
- How to write a SWPPP
- What BMPs are required of industrial activities
- What should be identified on a site map
Length: 2 hours
Registration: Find upcoming classes at ecoss.org/events.
Contact email@example.com or 206-767-04324 ext. 1004 for more information.