This course will start with a presentation that will describe the requirements of the permit for Public Education and Outreach. Examples of programs and available resources will be discussed.
Once the presentation is complete, we will all go out and perform a site walk on a piece of property to do a source control evaluation. The intent will be to provide a real world evaluation of potential impact to the stormwater system. The goal will be to find source control issues that need to be supported through education and a discussion on how that might happen.
- NPDES requirements of Public Education and Outreach
- How to perform a source control evaluation
- Identify areas of stormwater impact that need more educational support
- Group discussion on appropriate educational language, collateral and target audiences
- 101 – MS4 Program Overview or equivalent knowledge
- 201 – IDDE Inspections
Length: 2 – 3 hours
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 206-767-0432.