This course provides an overview of EPA and Department of Ecology requirements for Phase I and Phase II municipal stormwater permits, and how these requirements translate into municipal Operations and Maintenance programs. The course identifies the necessary elements for a compliant and effective municipal stormwater program and explores how new program requirements will affect municipal operations in the future.
- What stormwater is, how it gets polluted, and Clean Water Act regulatory history
- Basics of how municipal programs regulate, are regulated and policy drivers
- Federal and WA State Stormwater Permit requirements
- Overview of SWMP (Stormwater Management Plan) and its crucial elements
- How Operations and Maintenance staff activities contribute to SWMP programs
- Briefly explore how Low Impact Development (LID) and associated Best Management Practices (BMPs) will change municipal operations
Length: 2 hours
Register: Find upcoming classes at ecoss.org/events.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 206-767-0432.