Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, in-person classes are being suspended. However, E-Learning opportunities are coming soon! Check here for info on upcoming online trainings.
ECOSS offers practical training and solutions for municipalities facing ever-increasing regulatory requirements.
Municipal Stormwater Education
These courses are designed for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) staff and other personnel who directly and indirectly influence a city’s stormwater program success.
- Stormwater experts deliver innovative and professional classes ranging from two hours to two days, depending on the topic
- Classes provide a foundation of content developed with input from a Steering Committee represented by 15 cities and counties, small to large, across Washington state
- The base content serves as a platform for each municipality to add their own jurisdiction-specific approach to each subject area
Prepare Municipal Staff to:
- Meet NPDES educational permit requirements for Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and other staff
- Discuss practical applications and operational considerations of stormwater management from multiple viewpoints
- Diversify existing knowledge, skills and abilities of staff
- Enhance municipal stormwater programs with improved communication and understanding of stormwater issues across all departments
How will this class help you?
“I think this class should be attended by all employees within a municipality.”
“Creating new or introducing new GIS functionality to increase maintenance, inspection, and stormwater issues awareness.”
“Greater awareness and ability to comply. Better able to explain to coworkers and policymakers.”
“I do public outreach. I will be able to communicate some of this information with the public.”
“It will help us develop internal roles/responsibilities across departments.”
“It will make me knowledgeable when it is time to change or implement municipal codes.”
Comments from Municipal Stormwater Training Class Attendees
Municipal Stormwater Classes
100 Series: Basics Overview (The Why)
Click the classes below for a complete description.
- 101 Municipal Stormwater Program Overview
- 102 Washington State Phase I and Phase II permit*
- 103 Stormwater Regulations Overview
200 Series: Practical Application (The How & What)
- 201 IDDE Inspections
- 202 Private & Public Stormwater Infrastructure Inspection & Maintenance
- 203 LID Infrastructure Inspections and Maintenance
- 204 Public Education
- 205 Spill Control and Response
- 206 Sampling and Monitoring
- 207 Introduction to the SWPPP
- 208 Permitting*
- 209 Managing Industrial Stormwater General Permit
- 210 Public Works Erosion Control
*Class description soon
300 Series: Certification Programs
- Certification programs that may be required to do certain activities in a stormwater program