ECOSS delivers tools and techniques to help businesses navigate stormwater permit compliance
Industrial Stormwater Education
Industrial Stormwater Workshops are offered in Washington and Oregon, and designed to meet the needs of all levels of stormwater management, from just starting out to seasoned stormwater professionals.
These professional workshops provide you with ideas and potential solutions for stormwater BMPs and sampling techniques to help you meet NPDES permit requirements, and allow you to ask tough questions in a confidential setting.
Classes are taught by local experts in compliance with Washington’s Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP) and Oregon’s Industrial Activities Permit (1200Z).
Attend a Workshop
- Get up-to-date on the current industrial regulations and permit requirements for WA and OR
- Learn how to develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) (WA) or a Stormwater Pollution Control Plan (SWPCP) (OR), Sampling Plan and spill response plans
- Meet industry professionals and receive a solid foundation in Best Management Practice (BMP) ideas and resources for meeting tough stormwater challenges
- Gain practical insight and techniques to use in a stormwater management program
Select a Workshop
Stormwater 101/101X: Program Fundamentals
- Review of permit requirements including SWPPP or SWPCP, spill response, BMPs, sampling, monitoring and reporting
- Considerations for level of effort, decision making, and strategies to implement a cost effective and compliant program at your facility
- Practical application of the permit language with support for developing a comprehensive stormwater management program
- 101X: Two-day course provides review of basic case studies and walking field exercise of an industrial facility
Stormwater 201/201X: Advanced Management
- Examine State and Federal policy drivers, trends and other stakeholders that will influence your stormwater program today and in the future
- Discuss lawsuits and their affect on decision making and financial impacts
- Learn how to tackle difficult issues with case studies that provide examples of treatment and other practices to achieve compliance
- 201X: Two-day course with treatment technology site tours and presentations from stormwater professionals
- This program assumes you have an understanding of the permit and fundamentals of a stormwater management program (101), but not necessary for attendance
Thank you to our program partners:
Photo Credit: Paul Joseph Brown/ecosystemphoto.com