¿Eres apasionado por el ambiente? ¿Quisieras trabajar en una organización flexible y multicultural?
ECOSS delivers environmental results for local people at home, at work and in their communities. Our results lead to cost savings and quality of life improvements through pollution prevention, energy efficiency and environmental equity.
The Installation Technician is an important member of our Powerful Neighborhoods team. This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position and reports to the Powerful Neighborhoods Program Manager.
To apply, please send an email expressing interest to email@example.com.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Install energy efficient light bulbs and leave power strips, aerators and showerheads in multi-unit homes.
- Educate residents about energy efficiency, their new products use and benefits.
- Inform building management of breakage of faulty fixtures.
- Track installed products and tally results at the end of each appointment.
- Unbox product for installation at our storage unit.
- Keep unit clean and organized.Position requires walking, lifting, and upper body endurance.
- Perform light vehicle maintenance.
- Cheerful, outgoing, customer-service oriented attitude.
- Excellent verbal skills in both English and Spanish. Spanish as a first language preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, good professional judgment, flexible, resourceful
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in teams to achieve and sustain planned results.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and an annual drug test.
- Must have clean driving record, valid Washington State Driver’s License and comfortable driving a large passenger van.
- Accurate data entry on a tablet.
- Able to work one Saturday a month.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
- Must be able to work on a ladder.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to raise arms overhead multiple times an hour.
- Must be prepared to walk long distances, probably ascending stairs, carrying 15-25 pounds.
- Passion for the environment, environmental equity or natural resources conservation.
- Accurate and thorough, detail and safety oriented.
- Customer Service skills to deal with difficult customers and de-escalate conflict.
- Experience working with multicultural teams/communities and individuals for whom English is not their first language.
- Ability to follow directions and timelines.
- Ability to use (or learn) tablet computer to record team metrics.
ECOSS benefits include a supportive and flexible work environment, eleven paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off and a medical/dental insurance incentive in accord with established policies.